AAPE - Youth Champion of Champions - 2012 Awards
Awards Offered for the 2012
AAPE is indebted to the many generous donors (both individuals and organizations) who are making the following awards possible.
Thank you very much for your support of these aspiring youth exhibitors! All exhibitors receive Fran Jennings Medals,
membership in YSCA (compliments of Ken Martin), participation certificates, and ribbons.
AAPE Youth Championship
1) Youth Champion of Champions - the best youth exhibit
shown in North America in the 2011-2012 year. Donated by WESTPEX. Winner also receives the Ralph Herdenberg stockbook Award.
2) Reserve Champion – runner-up to the Champion of Champions. Donated by WESTPEX.
3) Welsh Philatelic Society Postal History Award - Best postal history exhibit. Donated by Ann Triggle.
4) Howard Hotchner Award - Best portrayal of American or Canadian History. Donated by John Hotchner.
5) ISWSC Award – Best use of worldwide stamps and material. Donated by International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors.
6) American Topical Association Youth Award - Best topical/thematic exhibit.
7) NAPEX Awards:
8) WESTPEX Awards:
- NAPEX Title Page Award
- NAPEX Creativity Award
- NAPEX Topical Award
- NAPEX Thematic Award
- NAPEX Research Award
- NAPEX Global Theme Award (in memory of Patricia Lehmann)
9) APS Membership Award - Donated by Ken Martin.
- WESTPEX Philatelic Write-up Award
- WESTPEX Flora and Fauna Award
- WESTPEX Award of Excellence in Presentation Skills
- WESTPEX Progress Award
- WESTPEX Entertainment Award
- WESTPEX Judges’ Choice Award
10) ATA Membership Award – Donated by Don Smith.
11) The Caring Award in memory of Chris Winters, MD –
for an exhibit which in some way (in whole or in part) communicates the value of caring for others.
Donated by the Pinnacle Stamp Club, Little Rock, Arkansas.
12) Potentiality Awards -
- presented to two younger (preferably preteen) youth who are participating in the championship
for the first time. Donated by the Pinnacle Stamp Club, Little Rock, Arkansas, in memory of
Chester Allen and Sid Nichols.