July 29, 2022
- Posted the the 2020 TPEs to the The Philatelic Exhibitor - Archive.
July 28, 2022
- Posted the latest 2022 Benninghoff Encouragement Award Winners.
- Posted the latest 2022 Award Of Excellence - Treatment.
- Posted the latest 2022 Award of Honor Gold Award Winners.
- Posted the latest 2022 Award of Honor Silver Award Winners.
- Posted the latest 2019 First Time Exhibitor Awards.
- Posted the latest 2022 Creativity Award Winners.
June 7, 2022
Allen D. (Don) Jones of Portsmouth, Virginia, is this year's recipient of the George Brett Cup for the most outstanding 20th century exhibit.
The award was presented May 28 by American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors (AAPE) president Michael Ley at the Rocky Mountain Stamp Show in Denver.
The exhibit, Establishing the United States Transcontinental Air Mail Service, May 15, 1918-June 30, 1924, was among 22 exhibits of 20th century or later material that achieved a score of 93 points or higher at a World Series of Philately show during the last three full competitive seasons.
Jones entered his first national show in 1978 and has continued his specialty of air mail exhibits since then. He said, "My goal has been to tell the story of air mail from the pioneer period through the transcontinental period. I enjoy exhibiting so people can see what happened in this important time." The exhibit previously won grand awards at Balpex and the 2017 air mail show in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.