AAPE Award Of Excellence - Plans And Headings
This award has been discontinued.The purpose of this award is to encourage excellence and help exhibitors achieve a more effective plan and subsequent headings. Different divisions have different “styles” of plans, formats and this will in some cases include a second page. Important factors are clarity, organization and balance and the ability to guide viewers through the exhibits.
This award is to be selected by the Jury at each WSP Show. All exhibits are qualified to be judged. The decision of the Jury is final
An exhibitor may only win the award once. A list of winners will be sent with award and is also on the AAPE website.
With this new criteria, previous winners of the Title Page Award are eligible for consideration.
Actual award will be given at the Palmares Banquet/Breakfast.
Award ribbon is to be placed alongside and at the same time as the medal ribbons for the show, so that viewers will have the opportunity to review plan and headings excellence.
In some cases a plan might be a simple statement that the exhibit is presented chronologically (in which case the headings are consecutives dates) or it might be a bullet pointed list, or even an elaborate outline - the following suggestions are offered as a guide to judging the effectiveness of plan and headings.
- Do the headings match the plan development of the exhibit subject?
- Does the plan lay out a balanced exhibit that makes sense of the topic?
- Is there a clear and consistent format for the headings used?
- Do the headings guide the story as well as describe the key items shown on individual pages? Running headings do not dominate after first appearance.
- Is the “Organization” clear and in keeping with the defined scope and limits?
- Does the plan make viewers want to proceed through the exhibit?